Good afternoon and hello fellow lemon lovers! Ok so this recipe is one I am truly excited to share after much laboring to find and create the perfect lemon bar I have officially done it! Well at least in my opinion! I have tested these out on a few events, and they have come back with raving reviews! I have had many people ask for the recipe. So here it is! Grab your lemons and lets get baking!
Perfect Lemon Bars:
3 cups all purpose flour
2/3 cups sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
4 tbsp. lemon zest
1 cup butter, room temperature
1 tsp. dried lavender (*optional)
8 large eggs
2 2/3 cups sugar
2 cups lemon juice, freshly squeezed and strained.
*You need to use fresh lemon juice to get the best results, store-bought lemon juice doesn’t have the same brightness as a freshly juiced lemon.
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, salt, (*dried lavender), and lemon zest for the crust. Cut butter into chunks and add to flour mixture. Blend in with an electric mixer at low speed until mixture forms coarse, sandy crumbs. Pour into pan and press mixture down (with your fingers or the back of a spoon) into an even layer.
3. Bake for 18-20 minutes, until just lightly browned around the edges.
4. While crust is baking, make filling. Whisk together all filling ingredients in a large bowl.
5. When the crust comes out of the oven, pour filling mixture on top while still hot.
6. Bake for about 20 minutes, or until filling is just set (it will still jiggle slightly). Filling will continue to set as the crust cools.
7. When bars are cooled, refrigerate for at least 1 hour before slicing.
8. Top slices with confectioners’ sugar.
9. Makes about 32 bars
Photo Cred: Ryan Wagenhauser