These cookies are my husband Ryan’s favorite fall and winter treat. He starts asking for them as soon as he sees the cans of pumpkin at the store. They are a really yummy cake cookie, with a creamy brown sugar glaze on top.
*Note: I made a double batch in this tutorial so you will notice my ingredients will look larger than yours!!!!!!
1. Cream butter and sugar together.
2. Add eggs and continue to combine.
3. Add vanilla and cinnamon. Mix
4. Add in pumpkin puree. Mix until combined.
5. In a separate bowl combine flour, salt and baking soda. Then slowly add to pumpkin mixture.
6. Add in raisins and mix.
7. Take a cookie scoop or spoon and place on cookie sheets a few inches apart.
Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes until fluffy.
8. While cookies are baking make your glaze. Gather your ingredients and put powdered sugar in a bowl and set aside.
9. In a small sauce pan add milk butter and brown sugar. Cook on medium for 2 minutes stirring continuously.
10. Once the glaze is a dark caramel color turn off heat and add vanilla. Let cool for a few minutes.
11. Once cooled down a bit add the brown sugar mixture to the bowl of powdered sugar. Whisk until creamy and smooth.
12. Take cookies out of oven to cook and set on sheets of wax paper. When the cookies have cooled completely frost with glaze and let dry.
Don’t these look amazing? Pour a big glass of milk and enjoy. Happy Baking! – Erica