1. Gather up your supplies, this isn’t the fastest* project but the end result is worth it. They are so cute!
*A glass of champagne to accompany this project doesn’t hurt.
2. Fold the piece of paper for the panty in half trace one, cut two. Then trace tag shapes onto your other colored paper (some kind of card stock or heavy paper works best for this project because you will be sewing them together). Download template here.
3. Cut out your panty and tag shapes.
4. Take your lace punch and take a strip of white paper and punch alone both edges. Our personal favorite punch is the Martha Stewart doily lace punch.
5. Lay lace behind panty and cut to size.
6. After you have cut your lace strips they should look like this. Take your tape runner and tack them down. It will help keep everything in place as you sew it together.
7. Sew along the three edges to make it look like a seam.
8. Make a hole in the corner of your tag and your finished panty. Take a small piece of bakers twine and tie it together to make it look like a price tag.
For our invites we wrote out our party info and stuck it into the “panty” and wrote a cute phrase on the tag. Be creative, write a price or any other fun phrase. These invites fit into a standard A4 envelope. Good luck, have fun, and share your pretty panties we would love to see how yours turn out!
– Katy + Erica